Saturday, December 6, 2008
Twilight--I'm completely obsessed!
I made a terrible mistake yesterday. I had a book sitting upstairs on our desk for a few months, thinking I'd get around to cracking it open for a read eventually, whenever I had some time. My friends all went on and on about what a good book it is, and how you can't put it down. I honestly thought they were all a little nuts. I'm not the "reading" type, and usually I don't really enjoy ficton. I was actually hoping soon to get my hands on a copy of John McCain's book Faith of My Fathers. But anyway, I hadn't gotten around to getting the John McCain book and I had a little time to kill and this other book was sitting on my desk, so I decided to give it a try and see what the fuss is all about. OMG!!!!! I can't put it down. I'm actually considering stopping this blog right now, skipping my shower today and jumping right back into the book. If you haven't read it yet, you MUST go out today and get Twilight! You need to have nothing else happening in your life because you will not be able to stop reading, not to sleep or eat or clean the house. I can't say I wasn't warned! I now see why all those pre-teen girls would wait outside the bookstores until midnight so they could purchase the next installment, and same for the recently released movie version. On a side note, no future pre-teen daughter of mine will be reading these books, way too suggestive and a little scary. But anyways, Brian and I leave for California tomorrow for six weeks so I have eighteen million things to pack and clean and organize before I leave, but maybe I will manage to sneak in a few chapters tonight before bed....or maybe ten chapters.....do I really need to sleep at all? Anyways, start reading Twilight now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment