I'm getting way behind on posts so I'll try to catch up right now. These are pictures from a few weeks ago when we loaded the ATV up and drove 1.5 hours west to the tallest mountain in SW AZ, Harquahala Peak. Steve got some insider info from the salesman at the ATV dealer that this was the best view on any trail in AZ. Steve had been dying to take the ATV outside of our little community to get the tires dirty and we had a few days of cooler weather (80s) so we went. It took almost 2 hours to reach the summit (5,681 feet elevation) from the trail head and about another 1.5 hours coming back down. We packed a lunch and ate at the top of the freezing cold mountain. It had to be in the 40s or 50s up there and was super windy. Steve and Brian loved the whole ride and I didn't hate it but was a little paranoid the whole time since we were the only humans on the mountain and had no cell phone signal. I don't think I'll be doing any more rides that bumpy while I'm pregnant though, I was sore and tired by the end of the day. Brian still says "I want to go up and down the mountain all day long Daddy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment