
We just got home last night from our turkey week on California. It was great to see our family and friends and enjoy a delicious turkey and fixings made by my parents. We had lots of plans in our head but most of them didn't work out because Emily's gastrointestinal issues from last month came back. She started last weekend off as we were getting out of the car for Brian's last soccer game by vomiting all over Steve. It was bad. I quickly drove them home, during which she proceeded to fill her car seat. She spent the next 4 hours first in Steve's arms, then mine, alternating with being held over the sink. By saturday she seemed fine during the day but then I was up all night with her sunday. After about 4 hours of sleep for both of us, she seemed fine in the morning, so we loaded up the car and headed to CA anyways. Maybe not the best idea as she vomited in a Wendy's/Truckstop and then again in the car. And then again monday evening on my Mom and then in her portable bed. You get the idea, this pretty much went on all week, including yesterday morning as we were packing to come home. We even took her to Children's Hospital Los Angeles but because she was not dehydrated, they gave her some medicine to stop the vomiting (worked for a few days) and sent us on our way. I've decided this is not a virus. She has no fever, is totally fine once the bouts of vomiting stop, no one else in the family has contracted this "virus." We finally got a referral to a gastroenteralogist to go through last week and I will be up bright and early tomorrow on the phone trying to get an appointment immediately. Mean Mama Bear might be coming out tomorrow since I'm sick of hearing that this is just a virus. It's been going on too long (6 weeks now) and it's time to look into some other possibilities. So, other than worrying about Emy all week, we managed to have a night out with Laura and Allan and our friends Katie and Mark to eat and see Breaking Dawn. And my mom and I squeezed in some time in the Garment District in LA to buy lots and lots of fabric for purse linings. I'm hoping this next week is the beginning of finding some answers for Emily and her nonstop "virus."

Brian and cousin Grace at the kids table
1 comment:
Oh no, poor Emy. I hope that you can find out what is wrong. I will be praying for you all.
We had the virus starting Thanksgiving day...first Jacob, then I got it and its making its way through the family :( Hoping by the weekend we are all better. This is the 3rd Thanksigiving in a row that we have been sick. Maybe one of these years we can enjoy the meal.
Post a Comment