
This boat ride was my fault sort of. I know how much Steve enjoys fishing and thought he might like to go on a deep sea fishing trip one day while we were in Hawaii, so I suggested HE go. Somehow it turned into him and I going, and then envolved into him, I and Brian going. So, up we were at the crack of dawn on our last full day in paradise to set sail on a tiny boat to catch the biggest fish in the sea. Poor Brian spent the better part of the four hours with his tiny head over the side of the boat, getting sick. I spent a good 3 hours fighting getting sick and finally beat my nausea with an hour left in the boat trip. No one caught a thing. Not even a bait fish. It was sad really. We did see some humpbacks but couldn't stop to watch the action since the grumpy Captain was dead-set on someone catching something. We also saw a few spinner Dolphins leaving the marina. Let's just say Steve thought it was awesome (really?) and Brian actually was somewhat enthusiastic at the end of the trip, but I will never again set foot on a small fishing boat in open waters. Ever. It was a nice reminder of what morning sickness feels like though.


Trying out the chair that saw no action that day

Staying close to the side

There is nothing out there. Or there is, but they are all laughing their fishy laughs as we pass by.

Smiling at the end (short-term memory loss perhaps?)

Went to lunch at the harbor afterwards where we purchased fish tacos since we weren't able to catch our own fish tacos :(
No comments:
Post a Comment