We spent actual Thanksgiving with our friends, the R Family, enjoying fried Turkey and all the fixings. Then we loaded up the next morning and drove 5 hours to the Stubai Glacier in Austria and spend the rest of the weekend in the beautiful, Austrian winter wonderland. The resort was great, with lessons for Brian, a play place for Emily to hang out in so Steve and I could ski together. It was our first skiing this season, and my first time on actual skis (last year I was on ski blades), so it was a rough day for me. I felt okay in the morning on a few easy blues, and then in the afternoon when Brian was done with his lesson, we got a little too aggressive trying some unknown blues that ended up being too steep and narrow for two beginners. But the scenery was amazing and it was snowing all morning, so the powder was fresh and everyone had fun. Steve skied on day two and then we returned home. It was a short trip but I think we found a great place we’d like to return to for a longer trip someday.
Thanks to the R Family’s oldest daughter, we got a night out with adults, our friends Khan and Tisha, and Darla and Casey.
No comments:
Post a Comment