Sunday, May 31, 2009

Coyotes, Scorpions, and Snakes--Oh My!!

Our official tally of live coyote, scorpion and snake sightings is up to 2, 2, and 2. I've seen two Coyotes about the size of a medium dog just trotting happily along across the street from our house in broad daylight while we are in the garage. We've had two live scorpions in our garage, both were huge, one I ran over with my car and the other Steve just killed with his shoe a few minutes ago. We've had countless dead scorpions inside and out of the house---uuuggghh! And the worst of all, our pest control company on their last visit found a non-poisonous snake on the side of our house and tonight when we were pulling into the driveway after a ride on the ATV, a freakin RATTLESNAKE was slithering across the road heading toward our open garage! It was rattling so loudly at the ATV, I heard it before I saw it! Steve and our neighbor managed to capture it in a large bucket and release it across the street. Steve and I's first choice was to kill it dead but our liberal, hippy neighbor said "oh, we don't kill them, we capture them and release them back into the wild." Lovely, I'm sure the same rattlesnake will be hanging out in our backyard this week! But despite all the disgusting creatures in this place, you can't help but love it here as you are floating around in your backyard pool, contemplating how wonderfully maintenance-free fake grass and rock landscaping is!

1 comment:

Brown said...

You crack me up, glad to see the pool makes up for all those critters Kelly!!