Thursday, August 4, 2011

Brian version4.5

Our little guy just turned four and a half a few days ago. We celebrated like always with half a cake (any excuse for cake will do). Brian at 4.5 is still a sweet boy but becoming more independent, wanting to do everything himself, without any help. He does things automatically like getting himself a drink and getting dressed (although he usually skips the tedious step of wearing underwear and hides them somewhere). He will also help when I ask, like carrying things in from the car or putting on his shoes or helping his sister with something. He still loves anything cars or airplanes. He loves hitting baseballs off the tee or kicking a soccer ball around with Dad. He says that "coloring is boring" and doesn't like vegetables at all, but really he's pretty laid back and doesn't fight us too much or dislike much else. He does have that little boy naughty streak where all the bodily function words are hilarious to him, not to Mom and Dad, who are sick of hearing about it. He's really excited to start his last year of preschool at the church preschool in our neighborhood. He'll be in the "Shining Stars" class with his friend Maddy and he's already working on memorizing the school prayer. These are some pictures of Brian decorating his school tote (they all get these totes, no backpacks). Not bad for a kid who says coloring is "boring."
A hidden love note from Mommy. I told him he can look at it if he misses me when he's at school and he said "I have to nap at school? Am I gonna be there all day?" and I told him that no, he will only be there for 4 hours in the morning. Then he nicely explained he wouldn't need to read my love note cause he won't be gone long enough to miss me. Um, thanks? I am glad he's so independent though and that school is not a scary idea for him. It really shouldn't be, he's been going to some form of school since he was 2.5.

No comments: