Saturday, April 20, 2013

An American Easter Tradition

april11
We of course just had to dye hard boiled eggs for Easter. Even though I am the only one in the family who will eat them! The kids interest in it lasted just long enough for each of them to dye 6 eggs. I went simple this year, the 99 cent kit with 5 colors and the white crayon. Then we (we=me) fancied up a few of them into bunnies using pipe cleaners from our craft bin. We gave these to Rina and Claudio and I explained to him that American children must must must dye eggs every year but they never ever eat them, so we try to give away as many as possible to keep Mommy from having to eat egg salad sandwiches 3 meals a day for a whole week. I remember loving dying eggs as a child but I would never actually eat one (eww!) so my sisters and I would bring them to our Easter dinner at Grandma’s house and hand them out to our family there. I can only imagine how appetizing those eggs must have been 6-8 hours later when our gracious family members got them home and into the fridge. I hope we never caused a case of food poisoning!
april12

No comments: