The weekend before Easter, we woke up to two gigantic chocolate toy-filled Easter eggs on our doorstep, placed there for the kids by our sweet landlady, Rina. I had noticed these all over the place at the Italian market but I wasn’t sure what they were. We’ve had the little chocolate eggs with a tiny toy inside, but I didn’t know they came even bigger. It seems that this is a traditional Easter gift for an Italian child. Our children were thrilled. And even though Emily can’t have chocolate, she didn’t seem to mind and loved the giant pink egg inside the chocolate egg that held the toy. Oh and an FYI: I didn’t realize this but these chocolate toy-filled eggs were illegal in the US until this year! They weren’t allow before now, something about there being inedible parts mixed with candy and that is bad? Not bad. Chocolate + toy = happiness! I think we have adopted a new Easter tradition!
No comments:
Post a Comment