Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Family Pictures

june8
We had family pictures taken on Steve’s birthday in June, which he was just thrilled about. He’s never excited to take pictures but they always turn out great and then we are both happy we did it. I wanted a few good family shots, but really wanted some good shots of the kids individually because I’d skipped over getting their annual birthday pictures taken. Mostly because the options here are limited and I like outdoor pictures and with Brian’s birthday being in January, outside pictures weren’t an option unless I was wanting the bundled-in-a-snowsuit-and-freezing-cold-look, which really isn’t in style right now. So, anyhow, that’s how it worked out in June. Beth Caporaletti took the photos for us in a few vineyards near her house. She was a combat photographer in the Air Force and she is amazing. We are so happy with all of them and there are a few she captured of Emily where she looks like a Hollywood starlet. I was worried that the kids would be bored and/or misbehave during the photoshoot, but Emily was too busy hamming it up for the camera and Brian was intrigued by Beth’s equipment and lenses and the lighting. He turned out to be her assistant and was helping her carry things and commenting on the lighting coming through the trees and such!
june9june10june11june12june13june14

No comments: