Thursday, November 4, 2010

Will Crawl for Cupcakes!

This afternoon Emily and Brian were playing happily with some "new old" baby toys that had been in storage in the garage that I finally got around to breaking out. Emily has been sitting up really well on her own the last few days and I wanted to capture some pictures of our newly upright girl, so I broke out the camera.

And of course the little ham saw the flash go off once and got down on the floor to give me her best angle. She loves the flash and smiles at it, perfect for picture taking. So I didn't have much luck getting sitting pictures, but all of a sudden she starting crawling towards Brian and I!

Brian was playing with a box of cake mix that he wanted to make later so he set it a few feet in front of her and....

....BAM! She was like "Well, I'll crawl for some cake!" and off she went like a bat out of hell!

Well, maybe not a bat out of hell, more like a slow crawling 6-month-old but I'm sure the "bat out of hell" crawling isn't far away. Every time she would get to the cake mix, Brian would move it back a few feet. She got 3/4 of the way around the coffee table and then lost interest. And by lost interest, I mean she sat up, was startled by her brother's excitement, and fell backwards, hitting her head on the floor.
But in the end, I did get a few sitting shots with her crawl-session spoils.

Like Mother, like Daughter

No comments: