Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Polar Express

We weren't going to do the Polar Express again this year, with the baby and all, and it being far away (3 hours drive) and with Santa charging an arm and a leg for some face time and a bell. But Brian was begging, he had so much fun last year with all his friends, he's still obsessed with trains, and loves the Polar Express book. And since we always do whatever our children demand (?), we took a few days leave, booked the tickets and were off to Williams, AZ for some cold family time.






We ate at this restaurant with our friends last year because my friend Jen told us they have giant pies, like 6 inches tall! And they have about 50 pies on the menu, no exageration. The pies are delish. I have no idea if the food was good because all I could think about was how bad I needed a giant piece of Chocolate pie! I scarfed down my meal, whatever it was, to set a good example for my children, and then slowly savored the delicious pie. I think I shared some. Someone's hand might have gotten stabbed with a fork as a warning to stay back. I was in a sugar coma so I don't really remember the details.

Good ole Route 66

Little miss blue eyes enjoyed the ride and especially enjoyed starring out the window at the lights



Santa making his way into our train car

Brian spotting Santa, we aren't sure at the point whether he's going to drop-kick the old man or graciously accept his bell

No drop kicking, just awe at his new gift from the man in red. He even said thank you and Merry Christmas (he might have been coersed)

Emy started getting fussy near the end so we played a little game of "tag, you're it!" where Daddy gets a turn with the tired baby

Overall, Brian loved it and it got us all in the mood for the holidays!

No comments: