Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Emily at 9 Months

Emily just went in for her nine month check up today and weighs 16 lbs, 14 oz (50%ile) and is 29 inches long (90%ile) so she's long and skinny like her brother. She is into everything now. I can't put toys away while she's awake because she can get them out faster than I can get them away. She's become very interested in what brother has to play with and is quite the toy snatcher, which means the honeymoon period of Brian loving his sister has been replaced with cries of "she stole my toy!" and attemped kicks in the face. Okay, he's never actually kicked her but he's given a few warning kicks. And also time-outs have become completely ineffective on him, so I've resorted to toy removal as discipline. It works. We've also moved his most prized posessions and the choking hazard toys up to his room so that Emily can't get to them, hopefully avoiding any further face kick attemps.
Emily is a smart little thing and loves to chit chat and doesn't want to sit still long or drink a bottle. She's really interested in people food and always wants what the rest of us are eating, so I've started a little bit of table food when I can. She still puts away the baby food though. She absolutely hates having her face cleaned and you might even consider calling CPS on us if you ever hear the screams that come out of her at the end of the meal during clean up time. She definitely knows what she does and doesn't want and will let you know! She's a fun loving gal though and loves to play and laugh.


A common sight for me as she follows me around and pulls up on my legs when she wants up


Loves looking at her reflection

She'll find the softest thing on the floor and give it a good cuddle

And here is Brian totally transfixed by Mater's Tall Tales, he sits in the weirdest positions to watch TV

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! It's fun to hear what's going on with your family....

autumnblaze said...

Ha! Dad used to always fuss at the crazy positions I sat in... no idea if Steve used to do that. Might be in the DNA though :) I can't believe she's pulling up... the screaming bloody murder, though I believe. :) Miss you guys! Give the kids some kisses from 'the great' Aunt Amanda and my special friend!