Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Dress for Emy

Our baby girl is going to be 1 years old in just 5 short weeks! Seriously, how is this possible? It has gone by so fast. For her one-year photo shoot, I wanted to make her something special to wear. I just finished this dress for her last night. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby and the dress pattern is from Kissing Kumquats on Etsy.

Back of the dress with a bow

This fabulous matching flower hair bow arrived today from The Monkey Moos on Etsy. It's so perfect for the dress, the shape is great, the colors are just right, I love it! I can't wait to put it in baby girl's hair, or more realistically, on a headband on her head since she's still slightly bald. Well, she has 5 weeks to get some hair I guess.

This is how the bow showed up packaged, a.dor.ab.le! So cute!
I would have liked to get a picture of Emy in the dress but she was napping, I was enjoying the peace and quiet and I really wasn't up for any baby wrestling today. Pictures to come in 5 weeks.

2 comments:

Heather- Extra Frosting Please said...

Ohhhh the dress is darling! Great job!

John, Heather, Ashley, and Hayley Arnold said...

I LOVE it all Kelly! Way to go on the dress.