
Here is the before picture again. And not that I have anything against wood tones but this desk was so beat up, really scratched up bad. If I wanted to leave it wood-y I would have had to strip the entire piece and restain. I like refinishing, just not that much! So....

...she got a distressed white shabby chic finish!

The paint is Valspar's Honeymilk. Distressing by me and Brian who says to me with his sandpaper in hand "gee, mom, we are really destroying this good!" Love it!

Distress-y spindle legs

Love that chippy look!

Plently of drawers for all my purse making goodies. The pink knobs were $1 each at Hobby Lobby.

This old chair belonged to my Great-Grandma and recently came to me by way of my Dad's cousin Shanna. I need to do something with it, spray paint it a color of some sort since I'm not really digging the gold wash look. I just can't decide what to do to her yet.

This chair got the bad end of the brush sometime in the 1970s!

Here is a recent thrift acquisition (something I try not to do too much of since I'm the anti-hoarder). But Brian started complaining that we only drop things off at the Goodwill and that we never actually go in. So, the other day we actually went into the Goodwill. This little turtle was calling my name. He was calling Brian's name too. I use to have a giant hoard of turtle things when I was little. Some of them are still in my parent's storage garage. And I have a touch of turtles around my house now. He's gonna fit right in. Brian has big plans for him, he wants to grow some flowers. I hope he has a green thumb like his Daddy, because I do not have green thumbs, only crafty thumbs!
No comments:
Post a Comment