Monday, May 2, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

Brian loves his preschool teacher, Miss Helen. She is a sweet lady who is wonderful with the kids and you can just tell she loves her job. We wanted to spoil her with a few small gifts for Teacher Appreciation Week. Brian attends school three mornings a week so she'll be getting a gift each day for three days. Here is what I came up with.
Gift #1: Mint Jar

Brian loves him some peppermint patties (he gets it from his mommy) so we filled a jar (from Cost Plus World Market) with the mint patties and added this saying to the tag:
Thanks for your commit-"mint" to help me learn.
Thanks for your encourage-"mint" to always do my best.
Thanks for your involve-"mint" in my life.
Thanks for your invest-"mint" of time and energy
to make school such a great place to be.
Thanks for making each day and enjoy-"mint."
Thanks for helping create a nice environ-"mint"
for me to learn and grow.
Everything you have done this year has really "mint" alot to me!
I did not make up this "mint" saying but I can't remember where I saw it, just wrote it down a while back to save for future use.

Gift #2: Sock Cupcake

This idea is from this website. My mom bought the cupcake dish for Emily's first birthday party and I made sock cupcakes for the kids at the party. I used one leftover for this cupcake. The sock is a $3 walmart sock. The tag reads:

This cupcake is not to eat! It was "baked" with love to warm your feet!

Gift #3: Barnes & Noble Gift Card

I couldn't think of any fancy-smancy way to wrap this so I used the gift card box that came with the gift card for free. I printed out a party circle from the Back to School Collection by the TomKat Studio onto sticker paper, wrapped some red ribbon around the box and secured it with the sticker. All the printables used in this post are from the TomKat Studio.

1 comment:

Brown said...

One unique mama I tell ya!!