Sunday, May 8, 2011

Vintage Crystal Necklace

My Grandma Helen recently gave me these beautiful crystals. They had belonged to her Aunt Emy, who would be my Great Great Aunt Emy. They needed to be restrung but before I have them restrung professionally, I thought I would try something fun with them first.
A while back I had seen a tutorial out in the craft blog land on how to make a bead ribbon necklace. Of course I can't track down the exact tutorial that inspired me, but here are a few similar ones on other blogs:

Sweet Floweret Blog

Ruffled Blog

This was easy and cheap, a couple of bucks on the black velvet ribbon and a clasp. I'm planning on wearing them to a formal event we have coming up in June to match a black dress I scored for $50 at TJMaxx. Thanks Grandma!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Kelly, that looks amazing! You did a great job! Love i!