Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hi Ho, the Dairy Oh!

Brian and I went on a nice little Mommy/Son date last week to the local dairy farm. My mom had seen this particular farm in a magazine and told me about it. A group of Brian's school mates and their mommies all headed to the dairy with us.

The tour started with a petting zoo and after our experience at Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich Ranch, I knew Brian had no fear whatsoever of animals. He doesn't get the animal bravery from me. I looked away for one second and when I turned back around, Brian was holding this lovely chicken, with a huge smile on his face. The chicken didn't seem to mind at all.

We moved on to feeding a plethora of other farm animals: goats and sheeps and horses and donkeys and calves.
Brian was particularly taken by this lovely baby who reminded him of his baby sister. I don't see the resemblance.
Brian and one of his best school buddies
After we doused ourselves with purell, we hoped aboard the hay ride for our tour. I was surprised to learn that the cows are showered and milked 3 times a day, once every 8 hours. I don't know why but I thought they would only get milked once a day. I should have known better.
Hey, that's alot of hay!
This farm had around 1000 cows, mostly holsteins and some jerseys
Brian enjoyed running and jumping on the hay, even though it was 105 degrees when I took this picture
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!
By far the highlight of the tour was the fresh from the dairy ice cream at the end. Brian and I tried bubblegum and cookies and cream. Both were yum and I am hard to please in the ice cream department cause I'm not really a fan.
Brian and his buds enjoyed climbing all over this tractor once they got too hot running around in the arizona sun
We are hoping to go to a teddy bear factory next week with the same group of kids/moms!

No comments: