Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Our Wild West Adventure~Day Two


We started Day Two of our Wild West Adventure with a delicious and free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express Tombstone. We are huge fans of HI Express and their free cinnamon rolls. We ate breakfast as we watched bunnies frolic on the lawn of the hotel, I didn't get any pictures of that cause my hands were sticky from the cinnamons rolls. Brian loved watching them romp though, as if we don't see them almost daily in our own yard. Once the bunny watching was complete, we drove down the hill one mile to revisit Tombstone.

The old Cochise courthouse. Funny story, we were standing here in front of the courthouse and Steve says to me "Wow, I wonder when it was built." I didn't even have to answer, I just stared at him thinking "wait for it, wait for it" and after a few seconds, "Oh, there it is, 1882!" Here's your sign!

Big Nose Kate was Wyatt Earp's girlfriend and she owned one of the local saloons. We ate lunch here, the food and atmosphere were great and there was live country music to which the kids were dancing up a storm.
Brian got a kick out of this train in the store window. We went inside the store where the owner turned on a train that went around a track so Brian could see it. He could have stayed there all day watching that train.
Inside our horse-drawn carriage tour of the town
Wyatt, is that you?
Brian sippin on his first ever Sasparilla
Emily dancing to the live music at lunch
The Hurt Family, wild west style
Look at Brian, hand on his gun, serious face, he looks like a little law man.
And here is the dainty princess, wild west style
This is vintage Brian, taken in Gaitlinburg, Tenn in 2007

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love these pictures! Looks like a fun little getaway!!

John, Heather, Ashley, and Hayley Arnold said...

I love them too!!! I want to go there! Looks like fun. I absolutely love old time photos too. Brian is a natural...maybe in another lifetime he lived in the Wild West. :)