
We made slime today after school! It was very easy and fun and Brian could help alot with it. I followed
this recipe/tutorial. All you need is Borax, water, glue, and food coloring. I already had the borax on hand from a homemade detergent experiment (recipe coming to the blog soon) and I always have water and food coloring, so I picked up some clear Elmer's glue at Wally-world this morning. You can get Borax at Wally-world or Target or even some grocery stores, it's in the laundry section. My only tip on making slime is that making an entire recipe (the whole bottle of glue) makes a large blob. If I had known, I would have made two half recipes, to make two different colored medium-sized blobs. Oh well, next time. But you could easily cut one recipe in half so two kids could each make a nice size blob. Blob. blob. Blob. I like that word. I'm going to try to incorporate it into my day more.
He was a little grossed out at first about getting slimy but after you mix the slime well, it becomes dry to the touch, so it's actually not that slimy, which is great for your furniture!
Emy loved the slime and she only tried to eat it once. She kept telling me "ewww!"

There ya' have it, a giant slime blob! Good times!
2 comments:
Is it strange that I want to make a slime blob now.
Not at all Laura, slime blobs are badass!
Post a Comment