Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Of Guns and Guts

Steve recently got a new shot gun. I couldn't tell you what kind because he sounds like the grown-ups on Charlie Brown specials when he talks about it. "Whaaaa, waaaa, waaaaa, waaaahh" That's what I hear at least. He hears something similar when I talk about sewing so we're even. All I know is that it was insanely, rediculiously expensive but I was assured we got an excellent deal when the gun went on special for $500 off. Apparently a sale like this can be compared to the deals found at a Gymboree clearance sale. Despite my objections, we now own (another) shotgun. This one is supposed to be especially good at killing innocent Doves.
Here are the boys out looking for some sweet little birdies to kill. Brian is collecting as many shotgun shells as he can find, which turned out to be way more fun for him than killing birds. Emily is sitting in my lap screaming to go home for a nap and I am screaming at Steve that it is time to go home for a nap and air conditioning. Dove hunting is not a family sport. It's nice of Steve to try to include us, but next time he's on his own. We have a freezer full of dead doves if you want to come over for some. Steve says they are good wrapped in bacon (but what isn't?)

1 comment:

Katie said...

Omg, your impression of the Charlie Brown teacher CRACKED me up! I feel the same way about football!