I never posted any pictures from late December, so here is my attempt to get caught up. I've been busy. Since Christmas Day, I've sewn 8 purses, 2 quilts, managed a trip with just me and the kids for 5 days to CA, put away all the holiday decor, organized a few parts of the house, cooked, cleaned, etc, etc. I never sleep. Or at least it feels that way.
December was great. We didn't go anywhere for Christmas. Steve's parents and sister came to visit us to spare us toddler airplane fun. Forget "Snakes on a Plane," they need to make a movie about toddlers on a plane, it's much scarier. Anyways, the Hurt's were here until Christmas Eve day and then we spent the Day itself as a small family, without the stress of traveling. It was nice. While we had our visitors, we took a one-night trip up to Flagstaff, stayed at Fort Tuthill and took the Polar Express Train out of Williams, AZ to the North Pole to meet Santa for the third (and last) time. Some of our favorite peeps, the McCarty's came with us. The kiddos (Brian, Emily, Jake and Alani) wore matching jammies and got all sugared up with cookies and hot chocolate and sang Christmas carols and read the Polar Express book and got a bell from Santa. Brian just loves this adventure every year and we will miss it. Maybe in {insert new assignment here}, they will have something similar?
The next day we drove up to the Grand Canyon to look over the side. It's still there. Still really deep. I always think it looks fake. After we were back home, Steve took us all to base for a quick tour. His sister, Amanda, and I got to take a ride in the simulator. It was fun and I got a kill with a missile but it makes you soooooo airsick and dizzy. Especially when the computer locks up and sends your jet into a spin.
No comments:
Post a Comment