The kids and I have recently become obsessed with these water beads. You can find them in the floral supply section at Walmart and craft stores. They come in a tiny pack and then you put them in a huge bowl and fill it with water. And then watch them grow into marble sized balls over 8-10 hours. Brian really enjoyed checking on them to see how big they had gotten. They are really soft and squishy. They are non-toxic but I still didn't want Emily eating any so I sat very very close to her while she played with them. So close that she kept pushing on my head and saying "Mommy, move your head!" She never did try to eat any though. This is seriously hours of cheap enjoyment for the kids! I only bought 1 baggy for $2 and it made up a HUGE bowl of beads. What is pictured is only about 1/4 of the beads. Also, they will dry out and go back to their original tiny size and you can then start the whole process again. Might be nice for older kids too to explain osmosis. Not even sure if I'm spelling that right, it has been so long.
Emily is yelling "water balls!"
Sometimes you get distracted by a Daddy jet, it happens
And you always have to kiss your playmate after a really good water beads play session!
No comments:
Post a Comment