This is just a small sampling of the chaos that is our house right now. This is the "storage shipment" pile. Or part of it rather because there is another smattering in the garage and some pieces upstairs. We also have another pile near this one for our "unaccompanied shipment." That shipment is small amount of household necessities like kitchen stuff, sheets, towels. It arrives in Italy before we do so when we get there, we can move into our house with some base loaner furniture and have a few items while we wait another 3 or so weeks for the glorious crate of our crap to arrive. These two smaller shipments go out next week, so we are in a mad rush to sort and pile. It grows daily. Our big "everything" shipment goes out in 2 weeks. It's craziness. Overseas moves are the worst. And the best too, I guess, depending on how you look at it. We will be out of our house here the last day in May, move into lodging on base and stay there for 3 weeks, we depart AZ on June 20th, drive across the country to VA to drop some things with Steve's parents and visit the family there for 5 or so days, then we head to the Outer Banks, NC for a week at the beach with Steve's parents and sister. Then up to Norfolk, VA to ship our van, and then finally fly up to Baltimore to fly transactlantic to Italy on July 10th! All and all it's about a 2.5 month process. People keep asking me if I'm excited and I know I will be one day but right now it just feels like there is sooooooooooo much to do that I can't get my brain to just chill and enjoy the thought of another assignment in Europe! Soon, soon I will be excited. Maybe once our crap is on the slow boat over.
No comments:
Post a Comment