Sunday, February 1, 2009

The BESTEST Birthday Present Ever!

Brian here, I just wanted to tell you about my 2nd birthday yesterday. I got cupcakes and presents and Mommy sang Happy Birthday to me over and over again all day. In the afternoon, Mommy and I went to base and waited in a cold hanger for a long time, watched a big airplane land with all of our squadron friends, and then the best birthday present ever, got off the airplane, it was my Daddy!!! I was so surprised to see him but I knew exactly who he was and hugged him right away. I wanted him to hold me right away too. Every time he walked away to get one of his bags, I would point to him and tell Mommy that was my "Daddy." Finally he got all his bags (Daddy doesn't pack light) and we got to go home to have dinner and open presents and have cupcakes. I won't let Daddy out of my sight! He's fun! Here are some pictures of my birthday and Daddy's homecoming yesterday....

This is me, the birthday boy

I was told we were leaving to get the Daddy and I wouldn't leave the door, that way Mommy was sure to bring me with her

Mommy and me about to leave the house

Waiting in the big, cold hanger for Daddy's plane to land

Mommy and me, Lindsey, Carrie and baby Conner waiting for the airplane outside

Daddy's inside somewhere

Waving like crazy people at the airplane

Where is our Daddy? Waiting, waiting, waiting

There's Daddy, he was the last one off the plane!

Hugs!

Me trying to jump into Daddy's arms

Me telling Mommy that's my "Daddy"

Eww, Mommy and Daddy kissing!

First Family Pic in a long time

Me and Daddy

Daddy stop kissing me, there's a bebeep over there I'm trying to show you

Look at how happy I am to see Daddy!

Sitting with Daddy eating dinner

Getting kisses and laughing

Wait a minute, what is that fuzz on your lip?!

Ripping open my birthday presents!

More presents

I'm this many now!

Happy Birthday to me!

We are so glad to have Daddy back. Thanks to "CATA" Arki for the great pictures of Daddy's homecoming!

2 comments:

John, Heather, Ashley, and Hayley Arnold said...

Welcome home Steve! You look so happy to be back where you belong. Seriously, Kelly, I am crying at seven o'clock in the morning with your sappy music and beautiful homecoming pictures. :) Brian looks so happy to have his daddy home. Enjoy being back together again. We love and miss you guys.
Heather

autumnblaze said...

Mom and Dad told me you'd gotten back on his birthday! I was so happy to hear it! Happy Birthday little man and glad you have you home Stevie!!! We'll talk to ya' soon! ~Amanda