Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Getting Organized: Hair Pretties

As soon as I knew I was having a girl, the influx of hair pretties began. I made a bunch, bought a bunch, was given a bunch. They started taking over her dresser drawer. I had them all piled together in a big heap. They were everywhere. Except on her head, because even at 21 months old, she will only wear them for 5 seconds before she pulls them off to play with them. But one day, hopefully soon, she will wear them and I'd like to be able to see what we've got. I asked my older sister who has a daughter how she stores hair pretties and she said to buy a hanging jewelry organizer. So, that's what I did. I went to Target and found this one for $8 in the closet organization section. It has 2 sides, one side is already full. The little pockets are not see-through, but opaque enough that I can see what is in them. And the best part is that I can hang it in her closet right next to her clothes and one day when she will wear them, I can see immmediately what matches. Super easy, cheap organization, yay!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Do you know what this is called? I went to Target tonight looking for it, but I couldn't find it. I will try order online if I can find the name. I have one little girl and another on the way and I need some hair how organization!!!

Kelly said...

I think it was just called a jewelry organizer and it was in the section with the closet organizers, like the shoe hanger things and regular hangers in the housewares section. It was folded up into a square package. I hope this helps!