Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My boys and their toys

A few weeks ago, Steve had an episode where he imagined me saying that we should buy some toy rockets for Brian, despite the fact that he just got one of every toy for Christmas and his birthday. But apparently I can be quoted as saying something to the effect of "please get online and order this poor boy some toy rockets, even if it means you have to cash in our retirement savings!" I don't remember this conversation but nonetheless we ended up recently acquiring a large amount of rockets and motors and other rocket related thingys. The boys have spent the better part of last weekend and this week, putting together, drooling over, and cuddling their rockets. Today was launch day.

Finding the perfect spot in the desert in front of our house




Launch one: Brian counts down to 1, screams "blast off!" and pushes the launch button

Launch two: Brian covers his ears and refuses to touch the launch button

Launch three: Brian watches from the garage across the street with his ears covered

I guess you never really know what you are gonna get with a 4-year-old. He was sooooo excited about the rockets but less excited when he heard the first one go. He's not yet a fan of loud noises yet like his Daddy (who is going deaf). I don't think he's ready for Nascar yet.

Today's sunset. Pretty but not nearly as awesome as a few I've seen lately. AZ has the best sunsets!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Just wait till you have "homemade" rockets exploding on your deck, fires in your "greenbelt", and rockets that fly so high you can't find them! Lots of fun!

John, Heather, Ashley, and Hayley Arnold said...

OMG Kelly, that's hilarious!