Friday, February 25, 2011

PB & J Cookies

We were a little bored tonight so we decided to whip up some peanut butter cookies. They are really easy and Brian could help with every step. I'll let him tell you in his own words how to make them:
"Hi, this is Brian.
You gonna need peanut butter to make that.
(singing) Don't you wanna stay here a little while!?
Mommy, I dropped some sprinkles on the floor.
Mommy, can the baby have sprinkles yet?!
(pause while I wrestle sprinkle from baby)
Put egg in the bowl and sugar. Stir it up.
Roll it into a ball. Get sugar.
Put em all on the tray. Smash em with the fork. Like crisscross applesauce.
Put em in the oven. Then you eat them."

In case you are unable to translate the 4-year-old's version of the recipe....

You will need:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 egg

Mix all the ingredients together

Form into 1 inch balls, roll in some sugar, place on cookie sheet

Smash em down with the fork like Brian says

Bake them at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until edges start to brown

It helps to have a munchkin to gaurd the oven while the cookies bake

Spend some time cuddling on the kitchen floor, it makes the 8 minutes go by faster

Wah-laaaa! Peanut Butter Cookies with sprinkles. They came out flatter than I thought so next time I'm going to try regular PB, instead of reduced fat PB, which is all I had in the pantry

Just for fun, I slapped some jelly on top of the non-sprinkled ones to make them PB&J Cookies

Brian's favorite was the PB&J one. Somewhere out there is a PB&J addiction support group for him, all other 4-year-olds, and his Papa Brian too.

No comments: