For the nummies: we did a potato bar with all the fixins, two kinds of salad and a bunch of desserts. I baked the spuds throughout the day and then kept them warm in crock pots. And by warm, I mean I had to use a potholder to move them to plates and open the foil, so it worked.
I also made an amazing Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, yum, I'm drooling thinking about it. The recipe is Steve's grandmother's and I tried a piece at a Thanksgiving when I was pregnant with Brian, it was so good, I had another piece and another piece and another piece. I did the same thing last night. And this morning. And this afternoon. It's gone now. I love me some pumpkin-flavored desserts. I have a new slogan: Pumpkin, it's not just for pies anymore. Here is:
Grandma Edith's Pumpkin Cake Recipe
4 Eggs
2 cups Sugar
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Pumpkin
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Beat eggs and sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat in oil. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl and then slowly add into creamed mixture. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla extract. Bake in fluted pan for 55 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool before frosting.
Frosting:
16 ounces of Cream Cheese, softened
1 stick of Butter, softened
1 lb box of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cream together softened butter and cream cheese, slowly mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
When I was ready to frost the cake, I warmed the frosting in the microwave until it was runny enough to pour over the cake rather than having to spread it on the cake and having it look all messy and ending up with the frosting spatula in my mouth several times.
No comments:
Post a Comment