Friday, October 14, 2011

Shameless Fundraiser Promotion




Just sent out the following email but thought I'd post it here too! Help if you can!

Friends and Family,
Brian is doing great in his last year of preschool. He's attending our local church preschool and we love it! His school is having a fundraiser right now, selling Otis Spunkmeyer Cookie Dough. Obviously, since none of you live near enough to us that I could transport frozen cookie dough tubs to you, you would not be able to buy any to support his school.

But then I had an idea. Rare, but sometimes I get ideas. Now stay with me. 3-4 times a year our squadron wives do something we call "Maintenance Cookies." The wives spend hours slaving away in the kitchen baking dozens of cookies, then package them up and deliver them to our hard working enlisted maintainers. These are the underpaid enlisted airmen who keep our fighter jets in shape and are directly responsible for our husbands safety. It's one small way we can show our thanks. We will be doing another "Maintenance Cookies" just before Christmas, which helps provide a little bit of holiday spirit in the form of baking to these guys and gals who are usually far from their homes and families during the holidays.

So what does this have to do with Brian's fundraiser? Well, we could kill two birds with one stone if you purchased a tub of cookie dough from Brian's fundraiser, which I will deliver straight to my freezer when it arrives the week of Thanksgiving, then I'll use the cookie dough to make dozens of cookies for our "Maintenance Cookies" drive in December! If you would like to help out, Brian would be grateful and so will our airmen!

The cookie dough tubs are $15 each and make 3 dozen cookies, below are the list of flavors (choose one or I can choose for you to ensure a variety). His orders are due on the 24th, so let me know soon if you'd like to help out! And if not, I totally understand, everyone's child is selling something right now! I'll just be shocked if you've read this far ;) Thank you! Love Kelly (and Brian)

Butter Sugar
Carnival (M&Ms instead of choc.chips)
Chocolate Chip
Cranberry Oatmeal
Oatmeal Raisin
Peanut Butter
Rainbow Chocolate Crispy Cookie (some proceeds go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation)
Reduced Fat Chocolate Chip
Strawberry Shortcake
The Pink Cookie (some proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen For The Cure Foundation)
Triple Chocolate Chunk
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut

No comments: