Our first full day, we stopped by the rental shop, got skis for Brian and Steve, dropped Brian at lessons, but we didn't stick around to watch because I needed to get Steve over to the slopes in a different area for him to ski. But Emily and I came back in the afternoon to watch the last half hour. He did great and loved it. I probably saw him go down the bunny slope 15 times and he only fell once and was able to pop right back up with no help. At first he was talking about going back for a second day but then changed his mind when he thought about the playplace at the resort, and decided to spend his second day there instead. We are hoping next year he'll be up for more lessons, maybe he can teach me a thing or two when Emily is old enough to stay at the daycare all day so I can ski too!
Here is Emily while we were watching the end of Brian's ski lessons. Several things are going on here: I had to wake her up from her nap to get out to the lessons before they ended, she was cold because she refused to wear her gloves, and she could see a park in the distance. All these things combined into what I dubbed "angry snow kitty." Angry snow kitty put her claws away when I finally got enough pictures of Brian skiiing and we walked over to the little park.
Steve spent two days skiiing and caught a nice sunset on Day 2.
Above is the view from our apartment. Our kids have a little Native American blood from both sides so we weren't surprised to see Brian rocking this look (left) so nicely at the end of one fun afternoon at the resort's playplace. The playplace was Brian's #1 on list of fun things to do at the resort. His #2 was hitting the indoor pool (kids in kid-sized robes heading to pool, right). His #3 was that our apartment had a room with a bunkbed! Up and down and up and down and up and down.....




No comments:
Post a Comment