Yep, I'm the crazy person who takes pictures of her food. I try to refrain from posting it on Facebook, cause that makes you certifiable Cray-cray. But in my defense, Italian food is the most delicious food in the world. (The kind made in Italy, not the Olive Garden kind). Let's dive in, shall we?
Top left: grapes from our landlady's garden. Top right: thin, baked bread slices in Tuscany, kinda reminded me of bagel thins, only they aren't bagels, and they were oily and salty and crunchy and delicious. Bottom left: ham, pear, walnut, and cheese salad. Not remembering right now what the cheese was called (maybe a burrata?) but it was yummy. Bottom right: Gnocchi, potato dumplings with white sauce, I just learned how to make these, watch out world!
TL: Wine in Tuscany, Chianti, Steve's favorite. TR: Spaghetti Carbonara of course, this is Brian's go-to pasta dish, also just learned how to make this. BL: Steve's steak from the restaurant in Montepulciano (see the post on that town for a funny story). Normally when I'm photographing food, Steve gives me these looks that says "stop taking pictures of your food, you are embarassing me!" but when this steak arrived his look said "take a picture of my meat!" and my look said "gladly!" BR: Pasta Arrabiata, sort of a spicy sauce, made with hot peppers. Very flavorful but not that spicy to me because I grew up around spicy Mexican food.
TL: Cappucino and a tiny sweet for breakfast. I honestly don't know how Italians just have coffee and a tiny sweet thing for breakfast. On this diet, by 10 am, I'm famished and angry. TR: Brian eating his breakfast donut just after losing his first tooth! Bottom: a gelato delivery truck!!!
Top: A bakery in Tuscany with glass case after glass case full of delicious nummies. BL: the most amazing apricot and chocolate cookies ever. BR: some sort of creme brulee and fruit desert.
TL and Right: I hosted a wives breakfast coffee in November and went crazy at the local bakery on little sweets for the coffee. BL: Bruscetta, yum!
Below: All along the Autostradas (highways) in Italy are these great little cafeteria style restaurants, sort of like rest stops, but better cause it's fresh Italian food, not fast food. Every now and then you see one over the road and your 5-year-old freaks out about the absolute coolness of such a thing and insists you must eat over the road. So, my fondness for Italian rest stop cafeteria food and Brian's obsession with over-the-road food places means this was a must stop for our family. 






No comments:
Post a Comment