Friday, October 24, 2008

And our next assignment is.....

LUKE AFB in Phoenix, Arizona!!! I am so excited! Steve sounded very happy and very relieved when he called this morning at 5 am! Luke is a great assignment for us because he will be an Instructor Pilot for 3 years. There is a small possibility of deployments but not like here. Also, it's a controlled assignment, meaning no one leaves early, so we are guaranteed 3 whole years there plus the four-month-long Instructor Pilot upgrade when he first arrives. We'll be moving super fast, Steve gets back from the deployed location at the beginning of February and our report no later than date to Luke is March 20. I'm excited that we won't be moving in the heat of summer but it sounds like I may be doing the majority of packing! Anyways, we are thrilled! Here we come West Coast (sort of)!!!

2 comments:

Laura Gruner said...

Kelly, we have TONS of friends at Luke right now and they all really enjoy it! Let me know if you want some names of people to look out for! Congratulations!!!

The Wicks said...

Yay Kelly! I am so happy for you guys and I know that you are relieved to have finally found out! Could they have waited any longer to tell us assignments?!?! Congrats to you both!