Friday, October 10, 2008
We survived the first week!
(But just barely). Steve has been gone one week today. Both boys have been to the doctor this week--Brian to the pediatrician for a mild ear infection and Bailey to the Vet for some bowel issues. Both are on the same antibiotic actually! The Vet said Bailey has something wrong with his colon but between Brian screaming at me and throwing toys and the Vet mumbling in almost a whisper, I'm not clear exactly what his colon problem is. But I did catch the part about what pills he needs how many times a day and that he needs to go back in for xrays. Apparently this problem he has with the colon could be caused by anything from diet to cancer to "dietary indescretions" (meaning he accused me of feeding Bailey human food, I barely have time to eat human food, Bailey certainly doesn't get any). But we did have some fun this week--Brian had his last swim lesson for this year at least. He showed off his kicking skills, played around with a water noodle, and enjoyed playing "humpty dumpty" falling into the pool from the side wall. We also had a fun playdate with Brian's friend Audrey, Brian went to PMO (Parent's Morning Out) for the first time this school year, and we went to Gymboree this morning. Steve called one time this week but we've been emailing daily. He says he lost a tooth filling, sounds like his week went about as well as ours! I'm hoping for another call soon, in fact I wore my bluetooth during Gymboree today just in case! Oh, Brian tried to kiss a cat in the waiting room at the Vet's office. Don't worry, I jumped in before it got ugly. Actually I think the cat didn't mind at all. He was very interested in the cats but really didn't think much of all the dogs. He of course said bye bye to each one as they left the office. Hopefully we don't see the Pediatrician or the Vet next week at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment