Monday, October 6, 2008

Steve has arrived

Steve just called from the deployed location. He said they got there without any problems but he's only had one night of about 6 hours of sleep since friday so he's tired. They are in tents but he says they will move to the "pods" soon. They have single wide trailers divided into three rooms and they call these "pods" for some reason, he'll have one roomate. He got to say hi to Brian and Brian was all smiles as he listened to Daddy talk, then he spent the rest of our 15 minute phone call running around wildly yelling and singing "dada." Steve says internet is very hard to come by right now and they start flying in two days so he's not sure when he'll get to call again but it was nice to hear from him. As for Brian and I, we had our last swim lesson today. He can kick and put his face in the water now but overall he was in a bad mood throughout the lesson because he has a cough and chest congestion and a possible ear infection. I thought the cough was getting better but whatever is bothering his ears is getting worse, so this afternoon we will be heading to the doctor and then I'm sure to the pharmacy which means we won't have time to mail Steve the cookies we made him today, maybe tomorrow. Or maybe I'll just eat them all myself!!!!

No comments: