
Steve/Daddy left today for his 4-month-long deployment to the Middle East. He was supposed to leave yesterday but things got pushed back and we got an extra day together! We spent alot of time just hanging out at home and Steve wanted some last minute favorite meals (both made by me and dinners out). And also Brian is getting over a little cold so we mostly hunkered down at home this last week for some quality time together. It was sad to let him go but now besides missing him of course, I feel relieved that the hard part of seeing him off and the emotional build up to it, is over finally. Now Brian and I just need to get back into our routine here and get the hang of holding down the fort without the daddy around. I know Brian is too young to understand that Daddy is going somewhere for a really long time but I know he will miss him and all the fun things they do together. I can't even wrap my mind around how Steve feels leaving behind his little guy, you couldn't pry Brian from my hands now matter how hard you tried!!! Steve really is making a sacrifice for our country, in that he is giving up seeing his "baby" for four months! I know I couldn't do it! But of course this deployment is not a choice for him, nor are alot of other things in his life with the Air Force. We'll get through it though and we will reunite again in four months, thrilled to have our daddy back! We have been really lucky in that this is only the second time he has deployed to war and been gone for this long. Hopefully this will be the last time for a while! Below are some pictures from the farewell today. Brian is asleep an hour early since we had to wake him from his nap to bring Steve to the squadron, the wine has been broken out, and I think the DVR is holding a few episodes of mindless entertainment for my enjoyment, so I'm off for now....



2 comments:
:( So sad for you guys!! I know Bri will be looking out his playroom window, waiting for his daddy to come home!! The first week is always the hardest, but then the rest will just fly by!! Hang in there!!!
I'm thinking about you and Brian! The goodbye and the first night alone are the toughest part! Hang in there...February will be here before we know it!
Post a Comment