Thursday, October 23, 2008

Freaking Out!

Okay, I'm totally freaking out right now (and when I'm freaking out, I sound like a valley girl, using words like "like" and "totally"). Anyways, the reason for my "freak out" is that I just heard from Steve and all is well there but he has heard that the assignments are "out" and everyone where he is knows their assignment but of course he doesn't know his, mostly because he is in a different location than his squadron right now for a planning thing (I know this seems vague but I honestly don't understand what exactly he's doing at this different location, something about planning something?) He's still in a "forward operating location" as in, somewhere in the Middle East. But anyways, this assignment, as all assignments are, is a big deal for us. This assignment will determine whether or not Steve will be staying in the AF. We are hoping to stay in. When you are in the AF, my AF friends will agree, that your life is laid-out in 2-3 years chunks of time divided up by assignments. The assignment Steve gets determines alot of things for our lives--more babies, jobs, location, selling a house, buying a house, how close or far we are to family. All of these things are up in the air until you know where your country is sending you next. UGGGGGHHHHHHH, I hate waiting to find this out! Man I am not going to sleep tonight!!!!

No comments: