Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brian is Superboy!


This blog is out of order, but whatever, I wanted to tell this story. On Sunday we were at the park on base with the other wives and children in the afternoon. As soon as Brian had a snack of cookies and juice, I released him from his stroller and followed him over to the playset. He was about 8 feet ahead of me because he runs everywhere these days, but he stills need help and supervision on the play set so I stayed close by. He ran straight to the stairs to climb up and when I looked over at him, he was holding something tiny between his thumb and forefinger, reaching out to me to take it. I thought, 'oh, probably a leaf, or twig, or pebble, or other some such gift he always gives me.' Boy, was I wrong. As I started walking over to see what he wanted to give me, I realized he was holding a bee by it's wings!!! It was alive and thrashing about between his tiny fingers. The next two seconds were like slow motion for me as I ran toward him to grab the bee out of this hand. He let go of it right as I got there and it flew away. He continued his stair climbing, unstung, and I stood there in shock trying to get my heart rate back down. So, when I told Steve this story, we decided that Brian is "Superboy--master of bees," and his kryptonite is milk (he's lactose-intolerant)!!!

1 comment:

autumnblaze said...

Mom told me once Steve used to hold bumble bees in his hand - yes they stung him. Ask him about it. I never saw this anomoly but he was a tough little... so I think it was true.

Must be some weird bee capturing trait Steve passed on.